We’re constantly amazed by what our customers are able to do with Jira Software. Whether it’s planning a Mars landing, building a cochlear implant, or modernizing the way thousands of people work at a single company — the ways in which people use the Jira platform are multiplying by the day.
To make sure Jira can fit any project or use case you imagine, we sometimes need to take a step back and make sure we have the right foundation to continue building upon. Platform releases present opportunities to make significant investments in the Jira platform and modernize it for the future. These changes pave a path for your teams to continue building and collaborating with Jira for years to come.
Jira Software Server & Data Center 8.0 is the next chapter of Jira for enterprise teams, harnessing a speedy new engine built for scale. With this release, Jira users will be able to communicate updates and priorities more clearly, while system administrators will find it easier and less time-consuming to support the performance needs of growing teams. Here are some of the release highlights:
- Agile boards load up to 2x faster, and the largest boards (10,000+ issues) load up to 21x faster
- Jira Query Language (JQL) searches are 31% faster on average
- Email notifications are less chatty with batched updates
- New priority status icons are clearer
- Re-index duration is up to 71% shorter
- Index size has decreased by up to 48%